Virginia’s state elections are lower than a month away, however some important voting deadlines are zooming up even sooner.
The deadline to register to vote or replace your current voter registration is Monday, Oct. 16, 2023 (however for those who don’t get registered by then, preserve studying—there’s an alternative choice). For those who’ve moved because the final time you voted in Virginia, are new to the state, or not too long ago turned sufficiently old to solid a poll, you’ll must register to vote or replace your registration together with your present handle.
For those who’re uncertain of your voter standing or undecided if you might want to replace your registration info, you’ll find out on-line. Virginia’s Board of Elections has a handy web portal that can assist you be sure you’re capable of solid your poll on or earlier than Nov. 7.
You can even use the positioning to use for a mail-in poll, however you’ll have extra time to do this after your voter registration info is up-to-date.
However for those who’re not capable of register to vote by Oct. 16, Virginia permits “same-day voter registration.”
As of final 12 months, voters can register and vote concurrently by way of Election Day. By means of this course of, voters will solid a provisional poll. After a provisional poll is solid, the native registrar’s workplace will analysis whether or not the voter who solid that poll is certainly eligible to vote in that locality.
If the voter’s registration software is accepted, the provisional poll is then counted like a traditional poll. If for some cause the provisional poll will not be counted, the voter will likely be notified by the final registrar.
Virginia’s key 2023 voting deadlines:
- The deadline to register to vote or replace your current voter registration is Monday, Oct. 16, 2023. (Voters might register after this date, by way of Election Day, and vote utilizing a provisional poll).
- The deadline to apply for a mail-in poll is Friday, Oct. 27, 2023. The request should be obtained by your native voter registration workplace by 5 p.m.
- Early Saturday voting at your native voter registration workplace begins Oct. 28, 2023.
- The final day to vote early in-person is Saturday, Nov. 4, 2023, by 5 p.m.
- The final election is on Tuesday, Nov. 7, 2023. Polls will likely be open from 6 a.m. by way of 7 p.m.